Sunday 30 December 2007

November and December '07 monthly review


Profit for the month: £194.28
Profit to date: £194.28
Target for the month: £12.65
Performance against target for the month: +£181.63

Target to date: £12.65
Performance against target to date: +£181.63

Average odds staked at for the month: 1/2
Average odds staked at to date: 1/2

Bets placed in month: 27
Bets placed to date: 27
Average win per bet in month: £7.20
Average win per bet to date: £7.20


Winning % for the month: 78%
Winning % to date: 78%
Average winning margin for the month: 1.3
Average winning margin to date: 1.3
Russian Roulette score to date: 2-6



Well, on reflection its been a positive start for me, although there are several concerns that I have to correct in the forthcoming new year. Firstly, I did a lot better backing fewer games at shorter odds. That was at the start of the month. My craving for more and more action, meant I started placing more bets and at longer odds.
Looking at my defeats in the period (6 in total), I can split them down a little further. There are three I think I was genuinely unlucky not to win, the games involving Liverpool, MK Dons and Panionios. The other three games were bad calls on my part. 3 from 27 is not bad, but I've got to learn to be more selective, do my research and be 100% happy that my selection will win.
Got to start stringing more winning runs together, I'm now 6-2 behind on the Russian Roulette game, mainly because I've been playing too many matches. One bet a day, picked with a near sure belief of victory. Less betting on opinion and what I think might happen, just stick to those basics and I think I'll do better.
A new month (and year) and a fresh start. I'm going to approach each month as if I'm starting afresh, and my target for January is a not too difficult £9.50.

No comments: