Wednesday 2 January 2008

Bet 30: £100 LIVERPOOL to beat Wigan @ 2/9

Hardly a surprising choice, but understandable as Wigan has lost every single game to date against the big 4. Liverpool are in good form, and like the Bolton game in December, an early goal should see the flood gates open. I just hope Steve Bruce doesn't come back to haunt Liverpool yet again (his Birmingham team had a very good record against the Reds).

Running balance: £1,147.31

Post script: Well, I'm not going to lie here, this draw hurt, especially after Liverpool had taken the lead. It's games like this where the bookies make their money and make yours truley look like a proper mug. I'm now in the hole for this month, after a relatively solid start. With the FA Cup 3rd Round coming up, I may take a time out. Or maybe not, I'll see what I feel like at the weekend.

3 comments:

W11 said...

I think betting at those prices you have to have a big strike rate which until last night you did. you should always place your bets on the exchanges so when the short priced team scores you can trade out for a smaller profit and get your stake back whatever the result. something you should think about, what do you think?

Rebelred said...

Thanks for your comments Gary. Your right that I probably will find better prices on the exchanges (although last night I think Liverpool were 1.23, which after commission was what I got with Hills). But I'm useless at trading. Either I bale out too early or get too greedy and let the bets run too long. Trading will suit some people, but not me. I may revisit it if it continues going pete tong

W11 said...

To be honest with you for small stakes bets on football i wont think about trading off, but when you are putting £100+ singles on teams say 2/5 you will make £40 profit, if that team scores first they will trade at 1.1 on betfair i would always then lay £100 at 1.1
to make £30 profit and a free bet, it is the only way forward, a profit is always better than a loss no matter how small, hope this helps